Friday, September 3, 2010

Review of Green Day concert

HOLY CRAP! I only paid $15 for that show?

I would have to give a cyber applause to Green Day after the performance they put on last night. It was truly amazing from start to finish. The first thing that got me hooked on the show was the amazing background set, which showed a city scape of their Bay Area hometown San Francisco where they went into new hits off their 8th album "21st Century Breakdown" and "Know your Enemy".

During the three hour set, yes you read that right, the trio kept the energy at a pinnacle throughout the entire set, led by front man Billie Joe Armstrong. I do not think I have seen a more energetic, fun, crazy front man than Armstrong. From running around stage, to pulling numerous kids out of the crowd, to busting out into random covers, and making sure San Diego had the time of their lives at Cricket Wireless Amphitheater.

Of the 38 total songs they played (according to SetList.fm), my favorite would have to be "Longview". Armstrong picked two fans out of the pit and had one sing the song and one play it on his guitar while he laid down by the drum set next to drummer, Trey Cool. After the song completed, Armstrong then presented the guitar to the fan to a great ovation by the crowd.

There was just too much good stuff packed into the concert last night to even describe and easily became one of my favorite concerts I ever attended. I hope I get to see Green Day another time real soon.



Setlist: (Thank you Setlist.fm)

No comments:

Post a Comment