Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Wonder Years release new single; release date

This past week, the six-piece Philadelphia pop-punk band The Wonder Years released a new single that will be included on their upcoming album.



The album is set for a June 14 release date and will be released under the title, Suburbia I've Given You All And Now I'm Nothing, which is taken from the first line of Allan Ginsberg's poem, “America.”

The song, “Local Man Ruins Everything,” released exclusively through AbsolutePunk.org, is the first song from the band’s highly anticipated new album.  Following up The Upsides, which was highly praised and set the band shooting to the top of the pop-punk charts, their new album looks to reach even greater heights.

Lead singer Soupy Campbell spoke about the meaning of the album title: "Ginsberg’s ‘America’ has always had a special place in my heart... it was one of my favorite poems to read.  I felt that same dichotomy in my relationship with the Philadelphia suburbs and so, Suburbia I’ve Given You All and Now I’m Nothing just seemed to fit.”

Currently, the band looks forward to an extensive touring schedule as they currently are on a U.S. tour until the end of April.  Afterwards, they will head over to Australia with Parkway Drive, Bleeding Through and You Me At Six for a two-week stint. With less than a month off, they will then head out once more on the 50 date Vans Warped Tour spanning from June to August.

You can listen to the new single here

No comments:

Post a Comment