Thursday, February 10, 2011

Plain White T’s Concert Review

Last night I was able to attend The Wonder of The Younger  tour featuring MIGGS, Parachute, and the headliner, Plain White T’s at the House of Blues in San Diego, California.
Unfortunately, I missed the majority of MIGGS performance as I was doing an interview with Plain White T’s at the time, but from what I saw of their last song, I would give thumbs up.
Next on was Parachute. Never have I had so much fun with a band I have never heard before. Aside from the excellent vocals from the lead singer, they looked like they had so much fun on stage which translated to the crowd giving equal enthusiasm. I loved how they gave their set a jazz like feel with keyboard solos and saxophone through some of their songs, which felt like they were having a jam session up on stage. Very well done, don’t miss these guys.
Plain White T’s did not disappoint. For my first time seeing these guys I was very impressed by their show. They set up a circus/carnival like background to replicate what is the front cover of their latest album “Wonders of the Younger”. In their 75 minute set, the band were able to mix in songs from several of their albums including “Radios In Heaven” which came off their 2002 album, Stop. I never realized how much of their inspiration came from past girlfriends, because it felt like most songs written, as they explained, from past loves of their life. Good news for us though, as it translated into many great songs.
What appeared to be the last song, the band walked off stage after finishing “Last Breath”.  A few minutes later, lead singer Tom Higgenson rose from the crowd onto a platform in the middle of the audience to perform “Hey There Delilah” and returned onstage to play “Hate” and lead title “Wonders of the Younger” from their December release.
Overall, awesome time and well recommended for a fun night and a great concert. Don’t miss this tour.
Interview will be posted later this weekend.

Plain White T’s Setlist:

1 comment: